Emerging Professionals Mentorship Program
The Emerging Professionals (EP) program pairs new midstream industry employees with seasoned committee members for the duration of a single GPA Midstream event.
EPs are employees of a GPA Midstream or GPSA member company with less than five years of specific midstream industry experience.
The Program Serves three primary purposes:
- To help member companies involve high potential employees into the associations’ technical activities.
- To encourage a new generation to become part of the GPA Midstream and GPSA technical community.
- To increase the value EPs receive from attending association events. EPs and mentors both receive a 50% refund of their Annual Convention or Technical Conference registration cost upon successful completion of a mentorship. Member companies are allowed up to five EP registrations per event.
Before an event, EPs and mentors complete an online information form that will be used to match mentors with mentees. Matches are assigned according to job responsibilities, employer type, and employer size, in that priority order.
At the onset of an event, EPs and mentors will attend separate orientations.
EP Orientation Topics
- GPA Midstream and GPSA overview
- Technical Association activities (referred to as the technical community)
- Committee structure and protocols
- Resources available to member company employees
Mentor orientation will cover mentorship best practices.
- Mentees will shadow mentors during the event.
- Mentors will:
o Share the value of attending sessions and meetings.
o Explain unknown terms, acronyms, regulations, etc.
o Facilitate introductions between mentees and technical community members.
o Introduce mentees to colleagues to accelerate networking.
o Answer mentee questions
Mentors and mentees will complete a post-event survey. Event registration refunds will be processed after attendance is verified and completed surveys turned in.